View these titles & more on an iPad!
- Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice
- Complementary Therapies in Medicine
- Journal of Herbal Medicine
- More titles available!
Visit our BrownZine page to download the app & learn more!
Books on complimentary and alternative therapies can be found in several places on our shelves:
- Healing Services
Available on Campus ONLY
The Healing Services Program includes holistic care experiences for patients, families and employees. Services include complimentary light massages, Reiki, Healing Touch™, aromatherapy, guided imagery and others. These services are provided by holistic nurses, Spiritual Care chaplains, licensed massage therapists and Reiki and Healing Touch™ practitioners.
Find articles on complementary, holistic and integrated approaches to health care and wellness.
- Complementary & Alternative Medicine - MedlinePlus
List of web sites providing information on alternative medicine such as clinical trials, specific conditions, directories, etc.
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine - National Cancer Institute
Information about alternative medicine treatments in cancer.
- Dietary Supplements and Labels Database - National Library of Medicine
Provides information from the labels of over 2,000 brands of dietary supplements.
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Includes publications, information for researchers, frequently asked questions, and links to other CAM-related resources.
- Natural & Alternative Treatments
Provides information on natural remedies for conditions, herbs and supplements, drug interactions, and alternative therapies.
- Natural Standard
Database of evidence-based info on complementary and alternative therapies, especially drug interactions with foods, herbs, and supplements.
- Office of Dietary Supplements - National Institutes of Health
The Office of Dietary Supplements (ODS) fact sheets give a current overview of individual vitamins, minerals and other dietary supplements. ODS has fact sheets in two versions—Health Professional and QuickFacts. QuickFacts are appropriate for patients and are also available in Spanish.