Libraries remain closed, but Main Campus re-starts lending for Cleveland Clinic Caregivers.
Which items can I borrow? Search the Library Catalog and to view item's location =Main Campus and status = available.
Can I borrow items located at the regional hospitals? Not at this time because these libraries are not open yet.
Can I borrow items from OhioLINK or other libraries? Not at this time because most libraries remain closed.
How can I borrow an item?
- Go to the Library Catalog, find the item you want to borrow, click the item's title.
- Place a hold by clicking Request This Item. Must have a Library Account and password/PIN.
- Library staff will pull the item and email you when it is ready to arrange a pick-up time.
- Pick-up times are between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Ten minutes prior to the arranged pick-up time, library staff will place the item on a cart outside of the library front entrance, where you can retrieve it.
- Return your item through the library’s drop box, located in the wall outside of the library, next to the time clock.
Can regional hospital caregivers borrow items?
- Regional hospital caregivers can borrow items that circulate throughout the health system from Main Campus only.
- Caregivers must pick up and return items at Main Campus. Items cannot be sent OR returned via interoffice mail.
How are items renewed during COVID-19?
- May 12 forward: No automatic renewals for MaIn Campus caregivers only. Automatic renewals continue for items checked out by Regional Hospital caregivers.
- Items were automatically renewed for ALL caregivers from March 17-May 11.
How are fines handled during COVID-19?
- Fines accrued between March 17 - May 11 will be waived.
- Fines resume for overdue items as of May 12.
Where can I return items?
- Main Campus' book drop is located outside the library next to the time clock.
- Keep items borrowed from Regional Hospitals while COVID-19 restrictions are in place.