Contact Gretchen to:
- Run your animal protocol searches
- Answer any questions about the process
- Conduct workshops on animal protocol searches
- AGRICOLA via Ebscohost
Find journal articles and more on agriculture, animal welfare, food and nutrition. Unlimited users
- AGRICOLA via Ovid
Find journal articles and more on agriculture, animal welfare, food and nutrition. Limited to 3 concurrent users.
- Biological Abstracts / BIOSIS Previews
Index and abstracts to international journal articles in biological and medical research. BIOSIS Previews also covers books and meetings.
- PubMed @ Cleveland Clinic
Customized link to give full text access to Cleveland Clinic employees. PubMed provides access to bibliographic information which includes MEDLINE as well as additional life science journals. Single Citation Matcher can locate specific articles quickly. The Journal Database can help with journal abbreviations.
- Animal Welfare Information Center (AWIC) - U.S. Department of Agriculture
The Animal Welfare Information Center (AWIC) is mandated by the Animal Welfare Act (AWA) to provide information for improved animal care and use in research, testing, teaching, and exhibition.
- Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC)
AAALAC International is a private, nonprofit organization that promotes the humane treatment of animals in science through voluntary accreditation and assessment programs.
- AVMA Guidelines for the Euthanasia of Animals
2013 updated guidelines available for download in multiple formats.
- Institute for Laboratory Animal Research (ILAR) - National Academy of Sciences
Develops guidelines and disseminates information on the scientific, technological and ethical use of laboratory animals.
- Office of Animal Care and Use (OACU) - National Institutes of Health
Information resource for NIH scientists, Animal Care and Use Committee (ACUC) members, veterinarians, animal science specialists, and other NIH staff involved in the conduct of biomedical research.
- Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (OLAW) - National Institutes of Health
The Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (OLAW) provides guidance and interpretation of the Public Health Service (PHS) Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals, supports educational programs, and monitors compliance with the Policy by Assured institutions and PHS funding components to ensure the humane care and use of animals in PHS-supported research, testing, and training, thereby contributing to the quality of PHS-supported activities.